Monday, July 7, 2008

Oh Deer!

We've had this buck visiting our yard a lot lately. Usually it just sticks around the borders of our yard and eats the blackberry bushes. But I think our garden is starting to tempt it. It was making it's way slowly and cautiously to the peas when Danika and I spotted it! I grabbed the camera and took a few pics and then snuck up and scared it. It leaped gracefully away. Danika and I stumbled upon it a week ago as we were walking in the yard. This deer is not small! I was almost looking it eye to eye. I think it's horns make it about as tall as me! That big of a deer could do some major damage to our beautiful garden! So next time I see it that close, that poor little dear is going to have a pellet gun pointed at it (I'm sorry if anyone is offended by that, but it's not going to ruin all our hard work)!





No comments: