Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!!
























WE had a 3rd of July party with Matt, Mandy and Jacquie, with fireworks and a BBQ and 3 deserts to choose from. Way, way too much food! Jacquie (Mandy's mom) even made a flag cake.


The kids had fun (I think?) he he. Every year Zach has to wear grandpa's ear thingies. But this year was even more exciting than just the loud fireworks because one of them actually fell in our laps (burning a few small holes in grandma's quilt). After that Zach watched from inside and Elora wouldn't come out from under her blanket. All this time Danika was sound asleep upstairs. She can sleep through almost anything! By the way, you might think it was cold because of the blankets, it was actually about 70 degrees. I was quite comfortable in my Capri's and t-shirt. Silly kids! Pete, Ben and Matt were practicing their archery skills.



Last year we built a fire pit in our yard. So this year I made benches with little flower beds next to them around the fire pit. They turned out nice and sturdy, they don't even wobble when you jump on them. And I didn't spend any money on them! The legs are from an old cherry tree we cut down and the seat is just some old wood that was laying around! The daisy's next to Elora are some wild daisy's I transplanted. Our yard is really turning into the yard I envisioned when we moved in. I need to post some pics of our yard. We are really enjoying it this year (instead of fighting with it like we were in the past)!

No comments: