Friday, May 21, 2010

Our Feathered Friends!

We've been having so much fun watching the birds the last couple days!
I love it when the American Golden Finches swarm through our area! They are so pretty!
I made this silly bird feeder out of 3 aluminum bowls I found at the Thrift store. I think it turned out really cute! The birds seem to like it. I just counted 12 birds in it a few minutes ago!


We have a flock of these huge pigeons that fly around here. Every once and a while they decide they need to visit the bird feeders. They are way to big for them and just end up making a huge mess all over the porch! But it is pretty funny watching them try to land in the feeders!


Here's Zach watching the birds!





I was having fun playing around with different settings on my camera!

I was taking all these pics through the oldest windows in our house. So no matter how focused my camera was the wavy windows distorted things a little. In this close up you can really see it.

I love this picture! Two birds coming in for a landing at the same time!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I like the bird feeder too- bowls were a cool find!